March 27, 2016

Easter: the scars of His love



Yesterday, after taking my girls to the woman's session of General Conference and visiting a friend the night was late. I tucked the girls in bed and didn't even get comfy before I realized I had a lot of work to do to get ready for Easter. (I know most of you moms have this stuff planned way in advance . . . please teach me!)  I was in the garage looking for our dang Easter basket box when my mind was flooded with lots of thoughts. I wanted to sit down and write, but being that it was already 11:00 I decided to just grab my phone and record the memories that were filling my heart.


I hope everyone has a very blessed Easter as you celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and His love and grace. I know He lives.

Original post about this story:
Take Upon Me




2 comments:

Shauna said...

Thank your for sharing your thoughts about the real reason we celebrate Easter. You have touched my heart and helped me because I've been feeling bad that I wasn't up to doing all the "fun" Easter things with my kids this year and just kept it simple and filled their baskets with things that pointed back to Christ and now I know that was enough. <3

Ashlee said...

I love that Shauna!! They will never forget that! Simple always brings the most joy with our kids.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs