March 23, 2017

Finding a balance from broken to beautiful

Trauma Healing Challenge: Day 22
Today's challenge is about finding a balance in beauty. For so long I hid behind things on the outside to cover up my pain on the inside. Then I went the opposite extreme and tried to just focus on healing the inside . . . all the while forgetting what made me feel beautiful on the outside.

So today's challenge is all about figuring out where you are on that scale, after trauma has left you forgetting your confidence, and finding a balance to go from broken to beautiful. Confidence takes balance. And beauty can be found on the outside . . . and in. It is when those two align, that we find our confidence again. You cannot have one without the other.

So wether you are hiding behind gallons of makeup and thousands of dollars in high heels . . . or you are hiding in your fifteen year old track sweats and haven't left your house since last week, I hope you know you are not crazy, and you are not alone. I have been there, and so have thousands of others.

Today, even though you never asked me to . . . I give you permission to find what makes you feel beautiful on the outside, and whole on the inside . . . and see if those two working together can bring back the person you thought was lost.



To check out the makeup I am using in this video visit:
Maskcara beauty

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you mind sharing what colors you use? Also- what kind of lipstick do you use?
Thanks!

Ashlee said...

I use Aura highlight. Stone contour. Baby watermelon blush. And rose gold highligh. Lip stuff is baby watermelon blush and a grocery store gloss. I will make a video with the colors I use and what I recommend this week! I have been having too much fun trying them on everyone I know! Guess my art minor is paying off!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! I anxiously await your video tutorial! Also, thank you so much for the work you and for this blog. I have been so motivated, comforted and inspired as I read through your posts this past year. You are making such a difference for so many!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs