March 9, 2017

Victim's Rights

I have got to be honest . . . this interview made me a little sad. Mainly because I wished that everything we talked about could have been aired . . . because this law is about so much more to our state than March 11, 2011. 

This law to be passed is not about my story. It is about everyone. Without my story I wouldn't know what it felt like to be a victim in a courtroom, and I wouldn't have so much passion to why I feel that victims need laws that protect them. I know there are many who have suffered silently wishing that their story was important, or that their pain was relevant. 

So tomorrow I get to take a stand, tell parts of my story that I haven't talked much about. The trial and being a victim of a case. But my goal tomorrow isn't for me to have a voice, it is to stand for a voice for those who have not been heard, or who one day will wish they were. 

Sadly . . . that could be any one of us. 

Tomorrow at 8am during the Senate State Affairs at the Idaho Capital Building I hope that my voice makes a difference . . . not for me, but for others who may some day stand where I have been. 



Last weeks interview about victims rights: 

http://www.ktvb.com/mb/news/local/capitol-watch/marsys-law-legislation-aimed-at-giving-victims-more-rights/419094323

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs