April 14, 2016

Blended


This week on Instagram and Facebook I mentioned Shawn and I were going to be starting some new projects for blended families. I have received so many amazing emails from many of you. Some have made me cry, some have made me laugh . . . but all of them have helped us realize we are not alone on this road.  

I am so excited to be partnering with my partner to share our experiences—good and bad—of our journey of blending a family.

We had no clue how hard blending a family was going to be. We were talking this weekend about some of the bumps in the road we have faced, how broken we have felt, and sometimes alone in this journey to blend our family.

We are excited to be investigating the "blended family". Getting real about struggles, triumphs, challenges, heartbreak and the beauty of a second chance.

Are you in a blended family? We would love to hear from you. What challenges are you up against? What struggles are you battling today that you would want information about? What tools have worked for your family that could help others? What advise would you give to families about to become blended? Do you have any "what not to dos"...like us? Please share.

Email us at themomentswestand@gmail.com or feel free to leave questions and comments below.


I made a new Facebook page that will be specifically devoted to our blended family projects! 
A family worth blending on Facebook

2 comments:

glenda said...

Love this. I don't come from a blended family but have family members and friends that blended. The struggle is real. But with love, faith and hope and believing you want this...you can do it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that I stumbled upon your YouTube videos. I had watched your devastating story on television and noticed it was you on the Dr. Phil YouTube video. Then from there, I found your newest. I married a man with two boys; we have a son together too. Needless to say, it has been tough. I look forward to your videos and hopefully this journey just gets better. It's so hard to be in love with your spouse, but not how they parent. I understand why blended families/marriages fail because of children, because it's easy to get a divorce. But, it's not always the right thing to do. The children will move out some day, but your spouse should be there, until death parts you. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Birk, I need this!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs